Wednesday, May 20, 2009

More Problems with Evangelism

Evangelism is not just about undertaking certain efforts to communicate a message to others. It profoundly affects the way we see ourselves, and ourselves in relation to other human beings.

Evangelism teaches the Christian that he is the sole agent of "truth," called by God to put down every other religion or belief, that he is God's "ambassador" on earth.

Is this really a healthy and humble way for a human being to view himself?

I remember those first conversations with A., thinking in utter amazement to myself: This Muslim has more understanding of God in his baby finger than I have in my whole being.
It threw me... at the time I really did think that I was the expert on God because I was the Christian, the messenger of truth. ha ha. get a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment